So I started to look into what are a few easy backlinks I might be able to grab for this page. I encounter Quora that had a question about MozRank, and I noticed that — this really is a negative tip — it is possible to suggest edits to Quora now, which is amazing. I suggested a URL to our Moz page, and inside the notes I said,”Hello, so and so. I discovered this great source on MozRank. It completely confirms your wonderful answer.
Last time, we talked about finding keywords that you rank on page one for that also have a featured snippet. There are a few ways to do that. We talk about it in the first video. Something I really do want to mention, in performing some of that the last couple months, is that Ahrefs can help you discover your featured snippet opportunities. I had no clue that was possible. Really cool, go check them out. If you do not have Ahrefs and perhaps you have Moz or even SEMrush, do not worry, you can perform exactly the same sort of thing with a Vlookup.
All right. So step one is identifying these chances. You would like to discover the keywords that you are on page one for that also have this response box. You want to weigh the competitive search volume against qualified traffic. Initially, you may want to just go after search quantity. I strongly suggest you kind of reconsider and assess where would the skilled traffic come from and start to go after those.
That means that you can look through this. All I’m doing is simplifying and adding backlinks to clarify it, and we were able to nab that.
The initial H2,”How to Inspect the Backlinks of a Site.” Clean it up,”How to Find Backlinks?” That’s it. I do not change measure one. These are all in H3s. I leave them in the H3s. I’m just tweaking text just a bit here and there.
- Roman numerals. I am attempting to target a listing result, and the webpage we currently rank on number one for has Roman numerals. Perhaps it’s a huge deal, maybe it’s not. I just changed them to numbers to see what is going to happen. I will keep you posted.
- Repair broken connections . But I am also just going through our webpage and cleansing it. We have a good deal of older content. I am fixing broken links. I’ve the Assess My Links instrument . It is a Chrome add-in plugin that I just click and it tells me what is a 404 or that I might need to update. I use Grammarly. I’ve got the free version. It works really nicely, super simple. I have even discovered some super old articles that have the triple or double spacing after a period. It drives me crazy, but cleaning some of that stuff up. You might see some extra fractures, not necessarily like this ampersand. But you understand what I mean in WordPress where it’s that bizarre little thing for that break in the space, you can clean out those. Some extra, empty header markup, don’t hesitate to delete those. You are just upgrading and cleaning and enhancing your webpage.
Joining us in MozCon next week? This movie Is a Superb lead up to Britney’s discussion: Featured Snippets: Principles to Know & How to Goal .
Inspired by BritneyMuller
Simplify and clarify your explanations/remove redundancies
For all those of you that need a little brush-up, what’s a showcased snippet? You are likely to find an answer box which states,”Pigs outperform age-old human children on cognitive evaluations and are smarter than any national animal. Animal specialists believe them more trainable than cats or dogs.” But you will likely see these answer boxes for all sorts of things. So something to kind of keep on your eye. How can you become part of the featured snippet box? How do you target those opportunities?
Video transcription from Speechpad.com
One interesting thing I’ve come across recently was for the key word”MozRank.” Our page is superbly composed, perfectly optimized. It has all the things set up to be that featured snippet, but it’s not. That’s when I dropped back and I began to rely on a few of the data. I found the present featured snippet page has all these hyperlinks.
What are some examples? So these are just a few examples that I have been running into and I have been working on cleaning up.
So that example helps. I’m going to continue to form of drudge through a bunch of these with you. I look forward to some of your comments, some of your attempts down under in the comments.
I don’t know if that’s likely to work. I know that it’s a nofollow. I expect it can send some qualified traffic. I’ll keep you posted on this. But kind of a pleasure trick to know about.
Give a warm, Mozzy welcome to Britney because she shares pro tips and examples of how we have managed to snag our personal snippets using her methodology.
Let us see. “Export results into CSV,” what sort of results? “Compile CSV results in all opponents,” what kind of results? “Compile backlink CSV results from all opponents.”
From there, you just want to understand the intent, more so even beyond this table I have suggested for you. To be completely honest, I’m doing all of this with you. It has been a struggle, and it’s been fun, but sometimes this isn’t very beneficial. Sometimes it is. But a lot of times I am not even looking at some of this stuff when I am comparing the current featured snippet page and the page that we now rank on page you. I’ll tell you what I mean in a second.
Thank you so much for linking me. I look forward to seeing you all soon. See you.
So we’ve got a good illustration of how I have managed to steal one. Hopefully, it will help you. How do you target your keywords which have the featured snippet?
I’m only simplifying, cleaning this up.
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, suggestions, and rad links discovered from the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of things that you don’t have time to hunt down but wish to read!
- Simplifying and cleaning your pages does miracles. Google wants to offer a very easy, cohesive, fast response for searchers and also for voice hunts. So definitely try to mould the material in a means that’s easy to consume. Whether they are on peak of the page or at the base, they tend to do very, very well.
- Competitive markup, should you see a current featured snippet that is marked up in a specific manner, you can do this for a little bit more aggressive.
- Provide unique info
- Dig deeper, go that extra mile, provide something different. Provide that value.
How To Target Featured Snippet Cases
All right. How did I nab the featured snippet”locate backlinks”? This surprised me, since I barely changed much at all, and we were able to steal that featured snippet rather readily. We were currently in the fourth place, and this was the old article that was at the fourth position. These are the updates I made which are presently in the featured snippet.
Click on the whiteboard picture above to open a high-resolution variant in a new tab!
Once you’ve identified where the opportunity to nab a featured snippet lies, how do you go about targeting it? Part One of our”Featured Snippet Opportunities” series focused on the best way to find places where you could be able to win a snippet, but now we’re focusing on the way to really make changes that’ll help you do so.
Super eager to dive into this.
Clean up the title
So I know that looks a bit mad for those of you who are not familiar. Super simple. It basically permits you to combine two sets of data to show you where a few of those opportunities are. So pleased to link to some of those resources down below or make a follow-up video on how best to do precisely that.
What’s a featured snippet?