Abel sits down with Technical Solutions Professional April Edwards to Discuss Utilizing Terraform to deploy to Azure. In the modern DevOps world, Infrastructure as Code is an essential component.
In this episode, April erupts in and shows us the way to define and deploy our infrastructure to Azure using Terraform.
Follow Abel on Twitter: @AbelSquidHead
ARM templates are excellent but can be difficult to author. Terraform is a great alternative. Not only are you able to utilize Terraform as your IaC for Azure, it functions across multiple clouds and even on prem.
- Terraform overview: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/terraform/terraform-overview
- Deploy App Service and Deployment Slots: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/terraform/terraform-slot-walkthru
- Github tools for Azure Provider templates: https://github.com/terraform-providers/terraform-provider-azurerm/tree/master/examples
- Hashicorp Terraform provider documentation: https://www.terraform.io/docs/providers/azurerm/index.html
- Deploying Terraform with Bash: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-shell/example-terraform-bash